Slow Carb 4 Hour Body Food Shopping List
With the changes involved in the Four Hour Body regime, we found our first shopping a little confusing, to say the least. All the usual pathways in the grocery store weren’t usable, as we had to go up aisles we didn’t usually visit, and ignore ones we used to.
With another shop under our belt, I thought we’d share our most recent shopping list to help people out.
Slow carb Four Hour Body food shopping list:
(For 2 people – 1 week)
- 12 cans Black Beans (19fl oz/540ml)
- 6 cans White Kidney Beans
- 6 cans Lentils
- 2 bags frozen mixed garden veg (750g/1.9 pounds) – green,white beans, baby carrots
- 2 bags frozen green beans (1kg/2.3 pounds)
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 broccoli head
- 5 boxes of chopped spinach (300g)
- extra lean ground beef (500g/1.6lb)
- steak (500g/1.6lb)
- sliced turkey x4 250g = 1kg (2.3 lb)
- sliced ham x4 x250g = 1kg (2.3 lb)
- 1 block butter
- 2 packets (400g) turkey bacon – extra lean (just 1 g fat per slice)
- 3x 12 eggs
- 2x egg whites mini cartons
- lemon juice bottle
We already have:
- frozen chicken breast
- frozen fish (salmon) fillets
- 2 large packets baby carrots
- lemon juice
- lots of great spices and herbs
For bonus points, try loading all those cans into carry-baskets (don’t use a cart) and do some arm raises, curls and squats around the store. You may look silly, but these can easily be your GLUT-4 exercises before a meal!
You might be interested in reading these too:
- Starting The Four Hour Body regime Gibsons, BC As the New Year tolls around the world, and I send off messages to friends in other timezones, I have this building feeling about 2011 and just how bursting with potential...
- A whole new outlook! (AKA "Boring Food") This type of eating and regime isn't something I'm clueless about. Living with Luke quickly brought me up to speed with lentils, beans, cottage cheese, and a full-on Gluten Free diet. I have...
- Putting away the goods Today was cheat day, and it was great. mmm....