4 Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Cheat Day

Here it is, your guide to how to get through a successful cheat day. Print this, add to it, and cross things off as you go – you’ll be relaxed, with your mind at rest, knowing you’re doing it right and getting all the benefits – mental and physical! Check out 5 Simple Tips for a Successful Cheat Day and combine those steps with this Cheat Sheet. Print the sheet out, and keep it handy during the day, and you’ll have a great cheat day to last you a week.

Download it here: 4 Hour Body Couple – Cheat Sheet – Cheat Day

If anyone has any additions/or changes, please let me know by leaving a comment below! Thanks.

1. 4 Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Accelerated Fat Loss If you've read The Four Hour Body, you'll know there's some amazing information in there. Kudos to Tim Ferriss and all the research and testing he's done. What's also clear, though, is that...
  2. 5 Simple Tips for Cheat Day I'm coming into week 4 of slow carb eating, and I have to admit the cheat-day lead-up each week is quite an exciting time for me. Not only for the food, but also...
  3. 4 Hour Body – Cheat Day – Gluten Free Well, that magical day rolled around on the calendar, and I have to admit was pretty excited for it. Though I enjoy the meals during the week, there’s nothing like switching up what...

20 Responses to 4 Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Cheat Day

• Pingback: 5 Simple Tips for Cheat Day | 4 Hour Body Couple

• Pingback: What to eat on the 4-Hour Body cheat day? | Active Couch Potato

Just flipping through the book again and notice something Tim had bolded on page 97. “Make a special effort to drink more water on your cheat day.” Something that might be good to add to the cheat sheet.

• Ida says:

Hi,

Just thought that maybe you should add “eat decent quantities of fat at each larger meal” e.g. brazil nuts, avacado. Tim says it helps to blunt jumps in glucose much more than lean protein in the glucose switch chapter.

• Melinda says:

I think I may have missed something. Does cheat day mean all day, or only lunch to dinner? Should we be having a slow-carb breakfast on cheat day?

Tomorrow is our 4th weigh in day and I’m curious where things stand. Week one – 6 pounds lost; week two – 5 pounds lost; week three – 2 pounds gained. Week four??????

• Ida says:

I think Tim says if you can’t seem to lose body fat because of cheat days, have a slow carb breakfast first. If not it should be okay. Have you checked whether you’re gaining muscles which might explain the weight gain?

• Kendra says:

I was just wondering, I’m still new to the diet, is it essential to do the supplements on cheat day? I did the grapefruit juice, lemon water, and squats, as well as eat a slow card breakfast…gained a few pounds but we’ll see how the rest of the week goes…but just curious to how important the supplements are…I get pretty crazy on cheat day, seriously, Tim has nothin’ on me! Ha.

Hey Kendra,

Thanks for your comment!

It depends a little on which supplements you’re thinking of. For people who have decided to take PAGG, they definitely want to take it on cheat day, but of course that’s not a necessary part of the slow carb diet Tim prescribes. My thought is that going to a lot of effort, you might as well get results for your efforts, so I do take these supplements. Other people take Cissus Quadrangularis – this is expensive stuff, but some people reserve taking it only for cheat day.

My thinking is that the benefits of cheat day – both physical and mental, and worth just enjoying the day and not worrying. Remember, you don’t have to eat to make yourself sick, just eat whatever you feel like from lunch until bedtime, and enjoy the time with those foods you don’t get during the week. Water intake is more important than all the supplements put together – water can help you out a lot, and the squats, lemon juice and grapefruit juice are great options for a great cheat day!

• Pingback: Lemonade Chicken | mullicious.com | a blog about photography, grilling, dogs, writing, life, and like, other stuff.

• Stephen says:

Hi,

I am on my first week of the slow carb diet and have some concerns about my upcoming cheat day. I don’t have any of these supplements that are discussed. (PAGG etc) If I don’t have them how should I approach my cheat day? Not have a cheat day at all? Have a very reserved cheat day only having some treats? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen

• Barb says:

On cheat day, you should only drink grapefruit juice once 2 to 3 hours after breakfast? Not after lunch and after dinner? 6/8 oz. ?

Hi Barb,

Sounds perfect! That’s what’s recommended in the book pretty much.

• amanda says:

Hi there, one thing concerns me – people taking statins aren’t supposed to have grapefruit juice.. and that’s never mentioned?

Hi Amanda,

Good point. There are other facets of the slow carb diet that might affect specific groups of people with health concerns, which is why everyone is responsible for their own health, and should converse with their health care professional before changing their routine in a big way.

Thanks,