Starting Occam’s Protocol workouts
Well, the time has come for the next phase of our Four Hour Body experiment. Having gone through a fat loss phase, using the slow carb meals and nothing more, we’re moving on to more exercise, some supplements, and dietary changes.
Here’s a short list of what’s going on:
- Exercise – Occam’s Workouts with optional abs and kettlebells
- Limit of 2 cardio sessions/week
- Expected lean mass gain of 2.5lbs/week (for Luke)
- Food – Slow carb, plus protein shake, and quinoa in 2 meals/day (Luke)
- High protein, whole grains, low sugar (Kat)
- Supplements – PAGG Stack (from Pareto), L-Glutamine post-workouts, Creatine (Luke)
So, that’s quite a few changes, but they seem easy to add-on, especially when we’re not juggling lots of tablets. The Glutamine and Creatine are only included due to previous success, and I do recommend them, but I know it’s not necessary. 2 years ago I had successful muscle gains of approximately 10 lbs using creatine over 3 months, and a workout design for Adrian Brody that took him from lean to strong. It was a mixed, high intensity program, with a low number of activities, but more sets and reps than Occam’s. I can see how Occam’s works.. but the proof will be in the muscles, and the measurements. I will post before and after measurements as I go.
How are you finding your progress on your Four Hour Body? Are you doing kettlebells, PAGG, slow carb or another combination? I’d love to hear more about other approaches, as mine is approximately 50% diet, 30% supplements, 20% exercise.
All the best!
You might be interested in reading these too:
- 4 Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Occam’s Protocol Workout Sheet Hey everyone, as it's time for me to start on the Occam's Protocol workout, I wanted to share with everyone the 'cheat sheet' that I've made up to take to the gym with...
- Great results; a few hitches Its been a couple weeks of great results! I've been really happy with losing about 10 lbs and having a ton of energy. Unfortunately, I've had some other results come along with it......
- PAGG Stack – Straightforward Explanation This question has come up a lot lately, so I want to explain the PAGG stack - what is it, how does it work, why take it, where to buy it, when to...