Kat – Another try
Well, after a lot of testing and trying everything in the ‘book’, I think we’ve come to an answer to my problems with how sick I’ve been getting. At least… I’m going to give our new answer a shot.
For any of you that are having the same symptoms as I was talking about in my last blog post, you might want to start looking into stomach acid issues; too much, to be exact. For my symptoms: Upset stomach, heart pain, cramps, nausea after eating, during eating, at the thought of eating… I couldn’t eat enough food to get 30g of protein in a meal so wasn’t able to only eat 4 times a day… my last 3 or 4 weeks have been really tough, and I’ve been very hungry.
Yesterday Luke and I went for our weekly shop and I got a lot of things to start a new way of eating that focuses on easy digestion, small, frequent meals, and things that are easy to pack with me for teaching. I can’t tell you how excited I am. Crazy as it sounds, but I have never been able to stomach big meals a couple times a day. Now that we’re looking into my stomach acid issues, its turning out that my body has been trying to solve my issues my whole life by craving small frequent meals, and a lot of bread: as bread soaks up more acid, relieving my symptoms. I’m really relieved to feel that it’s “okay” to eat more times during the day.
Things on my shopping list were:
Extra Lean Ground Beef
No Fat Cream Cheese
High Fiber Cereal
Multi Grain Bread
Multi Grain Bagels
No Fat Yogurt
… and more to come once I do more research.
The main things I’m looking for is small portions of low to no-fat, easy-to-digest-foods. My stomach is creating too much acid and so, is having a lot of problems with big meals of longer-digesting foods. And large amounts of fat in the food makes it much worse. Dairy is pretty much out… though I bought skim milk if I feel like having a small bowl of cereal every now and then.
Today has been my first day of eating 5 to 6 meals (though I’ve verged on 7). I’ve been pretty constantly hungry all day which hasn’t been pleasant, but am making sure that I eat as soon as I feel that hunger coming up. I’m going to have to work on how much to eat and how frequently… Because of that constant hunger I’ve been pretty tired and have enjoyed keeping to myself today, though I will say: I have had an incredibly productive day!
My meals today were: ( I can’t remember exact times, but it was about an hour and a half or so in between.)
1. Mulit-Grain Bagel with a bit of Lo-fat cream cheese
2. 1 packet of rice crisps (10 mini rice crisps)
3. Large spinach salad with homemade lemon balsamic vinegar dressing, Multi-grain bagel with no-fat herb and garlic cream cheese
4. 1 packet of rice crisps (10 mini rice crisps)
5. Bowl of cherios with apple
6. Bowl of no-fat Peach Yogurt
7. 3 extra lean meatballs, carrots, packet of 10 mini rice crisps
I have an explanation about the rice crisps. I bought a couple big bags and then separated 10 into little zip-lock bags. Now I can just grab a baggy and dump it into my purse when I’m going somewhere. Today I had a great lesson out-of-house because I had my baggie of rice crisps, a tupperware container with my spinach salad and a ziplock with my bagel. It was great. (Until I was hungry again).
I’ll keep you updated with how this goes. I think I can be successful if I make sure to keep my food stocks up. This week I’m going to try to make a kettle bell using the online “do-it-yourself” that Luke found a couple weeks ago. I’m taking PAGG and want to up the exercise. Even with this new diet I still REALLY want to be toning like I was hoping to get before. Nothing has made the results like the 2 weeks of successful Slow-Carb I had and I want that back!
I’d love to hear ideas or knowledge on all of this if anyone has anything to add!
You might be interested in reading these too:
- Great results; a few hitches Its been a couple weeks of great results! I've been really happy with losing about 10 lbs and having a ton of energy. Unfortunately, I've had some other results come along with it......
- The Wicked Wednesdays Is anyone else finding Wednesday's to be the day of cravings, mood swings, and severe want to punch this diet in the head?? I am. Last week, I wondered if it was just...
- 5 Simple Tips for Cheat Day I'm coming into week 4 of slow carb eating, and I have to admit the cheat-day lead-up each week is quite an exciting time for me. Not only for the food, but also...