Better PAGG Stack now available
Some people may already know that both Kat and I are taking the PAGG stack, and have been doing for over a month now. Our results have been good – I’m gaining muscle without gaining fat along with it, and Kat’s been enjoying some nice recomposition, as she adds muscle from yoga and kettlebell workouts. We were interested to hear from our nutrition company that they were working on a new version of the PAGG formula. ‘But, surely what’s in the book is the best it gets?’ was what I first thought. It turns out sometimes I should speak after I’ve done some learning.
Like so many things in life, it turns out that not everything is equal, when it comes to vitamins and supplements. I already knew this about certain vitamins, like basic vitamin C vs. time release, complete-with-bioflavanoids vitamin C. But I had assumed that all the PAGG’s out there had the same ingredients, just in different forms. We’re taking a combined capsule, so we currently take 5 a day. I had done some reading about what the ingredients did, however I hadn’t got any further than that.
So, I’ve learned a few things, and I’m confident that we picked the best PAGG stack for body recomposition (fat loss with muscle gain). There’s a reformulation of the ingredients, and things are even better than Tim’s original formula. If you’re on the fence about trying PAGG, or if you’re thinking about converting from 17 tablets a day, this post is for you.
Give it to me in a nutshell.
If you’re anything like me, you want the details in terms of what it means it does. The revised PAGG stack is more effective than the original for a few reasons. So here goes:
- Less capsules to take
- Better quality Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Less likely to cause gastro problems
- Green Tea Extract removed from the night time dose
That’s a pretty decent list. Though we haven’t experienced gastro or sleeping problems, I know some people have had stomach discomfort from the 300mg dose of ALA. This new capsule offers half as many mg of R-ALA, which has more potency, meaning there’s less effect on the digestive system, with more benefits.
And for those who like the extra details:
- Capsule PAGG (vs tablet) gets absorbed the fastest, so the ingredients are in you when you’re digesting your food.
- The Alpha Lipoic Acid in PAGG can come in different forms – Pareto Nutrition’s new PAGG stack includes R-ALA which is more potent and cleaner, but more expensive to make
- The ALA in Pareto’s PAGG has a lower dose (because it’s more potent) and is less likely to give people gastro problems
- The Green Tea Extract (the most expensive ingredient I found out) is the exact right dose, which some other tablets don’t provide
- Though decaf green tea extract isn’t generally a problem for people, the new capsules remove Green Tea Extract from the night time capsule, for people who have sleeping concerns
- The green tea extract is truly decaf, which others are not completely
- The garlic extract in this PAGG stack is aged garlic extract, which is something to be careful of (different levels of allicin).
- The new capsules are 4-per-day, not 5-per-day, or more than 10-per-day like it would be taking everything separately (eek.) The day time capsules are A-G-G and the night time capsule is P-A-G.
Basically, we like taking this PAGG because its convenient. We move around a lot and any kind of travel can be a real pain if you have to pack a lot of tablets. This makes it easy to just grab enough for a day, or 3, and go. We also believe in the ingredients and the people making it, that they’re focused on the best quality available.
If you’d like to read up more on the science behind these capsules, check out their blog article for more details – click the “Our formula has been improved! Read the blog post..” on this page.
The banner on the right shows what the capsules look like, and I always mention that we do get a small commission if someone buys by clicking from our site. This helps us with our costs of writing this blog and hosting, and I like to be totally open about this fact.
Let us know if you’re having success with PAGG – we have had comments from readers who have had really good success with PAGG.
You might be interested in reading these too:
- PAGG Stack – Straightforward Explanation This question has come up a lot lately, so I want to explain the PAGG stack - what is it, how does it work, why take it, where to buy it, when to...
- Starting Occam’s Protocol workouts Well, the time has come for the next phase of our Four Hour Body experiment. Having gone through a fat loss phase, using the slow carb meals and nothing more, we're moving on...
- Gaining muscle with Occam's Protocol – calories matter For anyone who has wanted to have a bit, or a lot more muscle, you'll know that the world is full of promises and photos of guys with abs. The Occam's Protocol workouts...