Tim Ferriss on Dr Oz – Jumpstart your body (videos)
Tim Ferriss recently appeared on the Dr Oz show – get his latest tips, his updated morning routine, his fix for bad moods, poor sleep, and losing pounds right here, summarized for your convenience!
The show was aimed at people looking to really kickstart a part of their life, and Tim was a guest for a few body jumpstarts:
- Losing the last 5 – 20 pounds of fat by supercharging your metabolism
- Supercharging your mood
- Fixing sleeping issues to feel great
- Reshaping your body – the 3 things to do within 30 minutes of waking
1. Losing the last 5 – 20 pounds of fat
- Cold shower for 5-30 minutes, focusing on the upper back area
- This helps the body engage ‘brown fat’ which burns the fat you want to lose (brown fat uses energy to create for the body and is found mostly around the neck/upper back region)
- Water must be under 60 degrees (F)
2. Supercharging your mood
- Enjoy some kimchi (kim chi), which is Korean pickled cabbage every day
- Can use any other lacto-fermented food like plain yogurt or sauerkraut (if following slow carb avoid yogurt)
- 90% of serotonin is in the gut
- Probiotic bacteria helps serotonin move to the brain
3. Fixing sleeping issues to feel great
- Eat 2 tablespoons raw almond butter before bed
- Low GI almond butter helps balance blood sugar overnight
- Can make 6 hours sleep feel like much more
- Use sleep ‘power position’ – lie face down, left arm down by side, left leg straight, bend right hip out at 90 degrees from body, bend right knee 90 degrees, position right arm at 90 degrees to body, set elbow at 90 degrees.
4. 3 things to do within 30 minutes of waking up
- Only ever use all-fat creamer in your hot drinks – 2 tablespoons
- No skim/whole milk – spikes insulin and leaves the door open for fat gain through the day
- Drink yerba mate tea every morning instead of coffee
- Speeds digestion all day
- Yerba mate reduces fat absorption (decreases pancreatic lipase enzyme)
- More stable energy than coffee
- Use cinnamon in your hot drink – 1 teaspoon
- Helps control blood sugar levels – like insulin insurance
- Use cassia cinnamon if you can get it – looks like bark
- Ceylon cinnamon ok too, but not as good
- Sprinkle in hot drink, or on cottage cheese
You might be interested in reading these too:
- Watch the Four Hour Body Couple – Couples Challenge Videos – Week 1 We have met with each of our couples to discuss their goals, and why they would like to achieve them, along with just how they are finding the slow carb diet and the...
- Four Hour Body Gift List for the Holidays – ideas for Slow Carb Dieters and others Before the panic sets in, and the shops are full to overflowing, have a browse through this gift list, that includes some great ideas for someone who's read the Four Hour Body, or...
- 4 Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Accelerated Fat Loss If you've read The Four Hour Body, you'll know there's some amazing information in there. Kudos to Tim Ferriss and all the research and testing he's done. What's also clear, though, is that...